The new international approach to manage workplace occupational health and safety
ISO 45001 is the first internationally recognised worldwide standard on Occupational Health and Safety that will enable organisations, regardless of context and size, to provide a safe and healthy workplace for their workers, visitors, contractors and other interested parties to prevent death, work-related injury, ill -health and to continually improve its OH&S performance.
ISO 45001 has been developed using the ISO High Level Structure for management systems. This structure is aligned to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015.
- Integrates with other management systems
- Provides an integrated approach to organisational management
- Ensures the organisation establishes clear policies which are compatible with the overall strategic objectives and direction of the organisation
- Promotes continual improvement across the organisation
- Enables the organisation to address and manage risk in the workplace